“Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart.” Psalm 26:2
“Search me. O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting.” Psalm 139:23-24
Spiritual inventory questions from Donald Whitney’s book “Ten Questions to Diagnose Your Spiritual Health”. (I highly recommend it!)
1. Do I thirst for God?
2. Am I governed increasingly by God’s Word?
3. Am I more loving?
4. Am I more sensitive to God’s presence?
5. Do I have a growing concern for the spiritual and temporal needs of others?
6. Do I delight in the Bride of Christ?
7. Are the spiritual disciplines increasingly important to me? (Ie. prayer, Bible study, worship,
fellowship, etc.) see book
8. Do I still grieve over sin?
9. Am I a quick forgiver?
10. Do I yearn for Heaven and to be with Jesus?
An idea would be to take one question a day for 10 days and meditate on scriptures that apply to each question, but you can incorporate them into your daily walk in any way profitable to you.